If you have a custom domain connected to KickoffLabs you can also setup a general redirect if a page or path doesn’t exist. This could also be useful if you’ve ended a campaign and just want to unpublish all the pages, but have any customers that find the link redirected to an alternate site.
Why would this be useful?
- Creating a custom 404 page if a page isn’t found as part of your contest.
- If you ended a contest, but want the links people may find to go to another site or contest instead.
- Sending any random page requests back to the main contest site.
How to setup the redirect
- Click Account > Custom Domains in the top right of your dashboard.
- Click “Manage” on the domain. you want to setup a redirect.
- Click “Edit Redirect”
- Set the domain redirect and optionally choose to keep the path in the URL when it’s redirected to the new URL.
Now any requests to that domain that don’t have KickoffLabs pages published to them will be redirected instead of showing the general KickoffLabs 404 page.