Now that you’ve connected your custom domain to KickoffLabs, there is an extra step involved to forward the naked domain (ex: KickoffLabs.com) to the url with the www (ex: www.kickofflabs.com). You’ll want to set this up if you want users to have the ability to view your pages without having to type out the www.
**If you haven’t connected your custom domain yet, be sure to first follow the steps here Publish to a Custom GoDaddy Domain
Below we’ve created a step by step guide to get this configured in GoDaddy.
- Login to GoDaddy and select the domain that you want to work on
- Select “DNS”
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the page to the “Forwarding” section
- Select “Add” next to “Domain”
- Enter your domain with the www.
- Click to save your changes.
That’s it! It can take a few minutes for the DNS changes to take effect, but users will now be able to visit your pages without typing the www. You may need to clear your cache/history to see the changes.