This article will help you add CNAME records on your domain for your landing pages when using Google Domains as your domain provider.
- Sign in to your Google Domains account.
- Select “My Domains” from the left menu.
- Find the domain you want to update in the list and click the “DNS” option
- Scroll down to Custom Resource Records. In the provided field, add your chosen subdomain (www or otherwise) in the Name field, select CNAME from the Type dropdown list, then add the unique CNAME to the Data field. To find your CNAME in KickoffLabs: Click on the “Account” tab, then select “Custom Domains” from the drop-down menu. Click “Select Status & Manage.” Your custom CNAME will appear in the “Points to” column.
- If you used www, you will also need to set up a Forward so that you domain works with and without the www. If you’re using a subdomain other than www, you can skip this step.To set up the Forward, scroll to the Synthetic Resource Records. Select Subdomain Forward from the dropdown menu, in the first space put @ and in the Forwards To field put your URL with the www. (@.yoursite.com forwards to www.yoursite.com)
Now you can publish a landing page to your newly added Custom Domain.
- Back in your KickoffLabs Dashboard, choose the campaign and locate the landing page you want to publish. Click the Arrow key on the far right side of the page name and select “Page Settings” from the dropdown. Then click on ‘See Publishing Options’ in the top left box.
- Select your custom domain from the 2nd dropdown menu. You can also add a path to the page in the 3rd field (like /thanks or /thank-you for the thank you page). This is optional, but allows you to publish multiple pages to the same subdomain.
- Then click ‘Publish Landing Page’.
Important Note for Customers with Existing Domains:
If you already have your page running on the proxy.kickofflabs.com CNAME it may take a little while for the DNS changes to fully propagate. How long depends on your the TTL of your DNS provider. A safe estimate is usually double what time it says. During this time anything you have published to this domain will still be available.
For domains already existing in KickoffLabs, do NOT change your DNS without first having your domain migrated in the dashboard. Failure to do this may cause your page to be unavailable. Reach out to us at email@example.com to migrate your existing domain for SSL support.
If you have trouble setting up your domain, or have any questions in general send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org