This document covers the complete integration of your KickoffLabs product into WordPress. Throughout this document we will cover:
- Preparing your WordPress platform for KickoffLabs Pop-Ups and Custom Forms
- Integrating KickoffLabs Scripts
- Hosting Your Own Landing Page
After going through this documentation, you will know how to integrate KickoffLabs into your WordPress platform completely.
Preparing WordPress for KickoffLabs Pop-Ups and Custom Forms
- First thing you’ll need is to download and activate the plugin “Insert Headers and Footers”
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, your WordPress platform is prepared for KickoffLabs integration.
Note: We have tested several different Header and Footer plugins and found this to be the most consistently working plugin.
Integrating KickoffLabs Scripts
- Select the Insert Headers and Footers management console from your admin portal under Settings > Insert Headers and Footers.
- Paste the code generated from your widget into the Scripts in Footer section of the page and save your changes. I recommend adding a comment describing the script so you can differentiate your scripts.
Your general script addition has been successfully added. You can choose which pages to include and exclude your script from in the configuration of the widget by pasting the URLs of the pages into the specified sections of the configuration page.
(Optional) Adding a link in WordPress to Open the KickoffLabs Pop-up
This part assumes that you don’t just want the pop-up to show up after a set amount of time, but rather when someone clicks a link on one of your pages. If you would rather have the popup appear after a set time, feel free to disregard the button and add the script as normal. Make sure to use proper configuration in the widget settings!
- Navigate to the page you would like to implement your Pop-Up Widget on and create an HTML Block. You can do this from the GUI at the plus sign or type /html at the start of a block. After generating an HTML Block paste the code generated earlier in your configuration page of the Widget.
- Save your page after adding your link and preview your page. Click your button and see your results!
Hosting KickoffLabs Landing Pages Within WordPress
If your goal is to have paths on your website (hosted with wordpress) be landing pages from KickoffLabs like this www.MySite.com/KickoffLabsPage we recommend that you instead setup a part of your website to host all your landing pages. This would be something like pages.MySite.Com.
This approach separates the hosting, pages would load faster, and it is easier to manage. You only have to setup one subdomain that can be used to host an unlimited number of pages from KickoffLabs. This way the two parts of your site can live side by side.