While generating leads with your KickoffLabs campaign, you might want to sync your leads with Convertkit. We integrate seamlessly with Convertkit so you can keep all of your leads in a single place.
What you need.
- A Business or Enterprise level account with KickoffLabs that contains at least one landing page or signup widget.
- A Convertkit account with at least one form.
- A Convertkit API Key & API Secret.
We will walk you through the process:
- Click into the campaign that you would like to configure with Convertkit.
- From your campaign dashboard scroll down to “Push Leads.”
- Click “Push Leads to” and choose ConvertKit from the drop-down options.
- Add your Convertkit API Key and API Secret. Click on “Find Convertkit Forms” to proceed.
- Select the Convertkit Form you want to subscribe your leads to.
- Select how you’d like to handle new subscribers. By default we will automatically import new leads to your Convertkit account.
- Click “Save Convertkit Connection Settings”.
- Begin the Merge Field Setting process
Merge Field Setup
Convertkit allows you to store a large amount of data about each contact. You may wish to import some of that data from KickoffLabs to make the most of their functionality. In order to choose what data you want KickoffLabs to send to Convertkit, you need to map the appropriate fields.
- The initial setup of an Convertkit synchronization will automatically redirect you here. If you want to make additional changes, you can find your current merge variable setup by clicking “Manage” next to ConvertKit in the main integrations list. Then select “Edit Merge Variables” to start making changes.
- Click on “Add Field” to create a new row in the table. The left column will display the fields you have available in your KickoffLabs campaign and the right column will display the fields you have available on Convertkit.
- Map the appropriate KickoffLabs field with your Convertkit fields.
- You can add additional fields or make changes to your existing fields accordingly.
- Click on “Save Convertkit Merge Fields” to make sure your mapping is properly saved.
**Please note that the default “First_Name” merge tag in Kickofflabs will not work with Convertkit. You will need to create a new merge field in order to pass the first name field over to your Convertkit list.
Now that you’ve enabled Convertkit syncing with your KickoffLabs account…
1. Export Existing Leads
We won’t export your existing leads until you are ready to do so. This gives you an opportunity to set up your merge variables and make changes if needed. Find ConvertKit in your main integrations list and click “Manage”. Then select “Export Leads” to export your existing leads. This step is optional but all new leads will be automatically imported to Convertkit based on the settings you configured.
2. We’ve automatically disabled our own auto response system.
You’ll want to configure one in Convertkit or you could turn ours back on if you’d like. We’re just trying to make sure you aren’t sending two responses to everyone that signs up.
Recommendations and best practices…
We currently do not include demographic or referral data in the Convertkit import.
If something goes wrong?
If you encounter an error while importing (we will email you when this happens), you should re-export your list. You can also contact our support.