KickoffLabs will ALWAYS capture all of your form fields (visible or not) and all of your querystring values. However, we will only send predefined fields to MailChimp (MailChimp has limits on the around of data and requires all fields to be predefined before they can be set).
We’ve built in a way for you to easily work around this limitation and pass along additional information to MailChimp. Here’s how…
- If you haven’t already, create a field within MailChimp for the data you wish to pass along. You can find the instructions for setting this up in MailChimp HERE.
- You will also want to make sure you’ve already connected your KickoffLabs campaign to your MailChimp list. You can find instructions for setting this up HERE.
- Access your campaign within KickoffLabs and click Push Leads on the left menu. Then find MailChimp in the main list of integrations and click “Manage”.
- In the top box labeled “Your MailChimp Settings”, verify both your API Key and MailChimp list are correct. If they are, move on to Step 5, if not, click “Manage Settings”
- Click “Manage Merge Fields” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the green “Add Field” button and from the KickoffLabs Fields dropdown menu, select the name of the information you want to pass to MailChimp. If the field doesn’t exist yet, you can select “Create New Custom Field”. In the MailChimp Field dropdown select the merge tag you created within MailChimp.
- Save your changes. We will now pass along this information for any of your new sign ups. You will automatically be redirected back to your MailChimp Integration page.
- To sync your existing sign ups, scroll down and click “Export Leads”.
- On the export page, verify the information is correct and click “Generate Export”.
- Use the following guide to import your list into MailChimp – http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/growth/import-subscribers-to-a-list
If you need more assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com