One of the most important features of KickoffLabs is the ability to collect much more than just an Email address. One of ways you can do this is by using custom forms. These can be added directly to your landing page from within the page editor. Let’s take a closer look at custom forms:
In the drag and drop designer:
What you can add:
- Single line text field
- Paragraph text field
- Multi-choice checkbox
- Multi-choice radio button
- Dropdown menu
- Hidden fields
To add a custom field to your form:
- Access the page editor.
- You will need to have a form snippet on the page. If you don’t have one, click Add Content on the left menu, select either the Inline Form or Stacked Form from the snippet list and drag the form snippet over to your page.
- Click anywhere in your form snippet and then click the “Edit This Form” button that appears, this will open the form editing window.
- From the form editing window click “Add New Field”
- Select the form type that best suits your needs from the available list
- The next screen will give you options to customize your form field. The options vary with each type of field. Click “Add Form Item” when you’ve finished setting things up
- Be sure to click “Save Form” when you’ve finished making your changes.
Managing your form:
- To edit your form styles, follow steps 1-3 above, then click “Edit Form Styles”
In the Styles menu, you can update your form colors, as well as the border style. You can currently choose from
or Pill style input fields.
- You can re-arrange multiple form inputs by hovering over a form item (this will highlight the selected input green). Left-click and drag the input to change it’s position
- Clicking on an input in the list will bring up the options to Delete or Edit the form item
- Always be sure to Save Form after making any changes!
Other important things to note:
- When adding items to a dropdown menu, be sure to include only 1 item per line.
- It’s also important to note that the dropdown menu option cannot be made into a required field. This is because the dropdown menu will always default to the first entry whether an option is selected or not. For this reason, we recommend adding either a dashed line or a line of helper text as the first option. (In the drag and drop editor, this would be your “Placeholder” option.
You can easily access all of your custom form information from your data export or within each individual’s Lead Card.
If you need more assistance creating your custom form, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org