Viral social sharing links are the bread and butter of any viral referral campaign. These links are how your leads easily share their pages with their friends through the various social media channels, with their Email address book, or virtually anywhere! Read on to learn how to customize the message that people share on their favorite social networks.
To set your social share text/images for your campaign:
These settings will apply to all pages in your campaign, as well as any sharing that takes place via your auto-replies Emails.
From your campaign homepage, click the Settings tab, located on the top menu panel.
Scroll down to the Default Landing Page Options section and click the blue “Edit’ button next to “Facebook and Social Network Sharing Defaults.”
Fill in the share properties for the various social media sites. Most social media sites will use your Facebook share settings. There are a few sites that require you to set the share settings via the thank you page editor. These are: Pinterest, What’s App, Telegram, Tumblr, and Reddit. To learn how to set these properties, scroll down and follow the page specific settings portion of this guide.
Once you’ve finished updating your settings, scroll down and “Save” your changes.
To update social settings for an individual page:
- Click on the snippet containing the social share icons. This will open an editing modal on the left menu panel.
- Use the pencil icon next to each social channel to update the share text and share image (when applicable).
- Be sure to Save and Publish your changes.
- Facebook pulls it’s share information from the page being shared. This is typically your signup page. Find our guide on updating your Facebook share information. If you’re having trouble with your Facebook share data, find our troubleshooting guide here..
- If you’re sharing a non-KickoffLabs page, you can find our guide on updating your Facebook share information HERE.
- We support the use of Twitter Cards for sharing. If you’d like to use an image in your Twitter sharing, learn how to set that up HERE.
If you have any questions/concerns, reach out to us at any time at email@example.com