What is a KickoffLabs Popup?
KickoffLabs pop-ups allow you to setup viral contests on your site in minutes without any technical knowledge!
They support every KickoffLabs campaign type and can be customized to include campaign actions, rewards, leaderboards, and customer referral mechanics.
Editing Your Pop-up When you Chose a Popup Box Flow
During the initial campaign set-up, if you selected the Popup Box flow for where leads should sign-up, follow along with the below steps. If you instead chose a landing page set-up, skip over to the next section.
From your campaign dashboard, select to design the popup.
Editing Your Popup Box – When you Chose a Landing Page/Anyform/Form Embed Setup
During the initial campaign set-up, if you selected the landing page flow for where leads should sign-up, the Popup Box editor will instead be located underneath the campaign landing pages in the “More Growth Tools” area.
Popup Box Editor Options
On the “Design” tab you can customize the following:
This area controls the layout of the box.
- Horizontal: Split view box with the hero image on the left and box on the right. (if embedding we recommend adding to an HTML block that has an area width of 768 px or less otherwise it will stack on mobile view).
- Vertical: Split view with the hero image on-top and the box on the bottom
- Right sided: This option is our OG minimal popup that can be popped up in the bottom right corner of the site.
Open Pop-up Automatically For:
- All Vistors: This option will display the Popup Box to All site traffic (both leads + vistors)
- New Leads – Thanks Only: This option will only display the Popup Box to leads who have already signed up to the campaign
- Manual Open Only: This option can be used to turn off the Popup Box, or set the box to manually open (based on button/link click to trigger the box)
- By default the auto open will only display once every 24 hours for people who close the box themselves.
Open Automatically After:
- This setting allows you to set the Popup Box on a timer after X seconds on the page.
- When set to “None Do Not Open After Timer” the box will not trigger unless clicked.(ie triggering the box based on button/link click).
Show on Exit Intent
- When checked, the box will appear when a vistor goes to exit the page (mouse hovering toward browser “X”. Please note mobile devices restrict this option.
Hide on URL’s
- Add partial URL’s (paths) where you do not want Popup Box to display.
Colors And Fonts Settings
This area allows you to customize the:
- Brand Color
- Background Color
Hero Image Settings
This setting controls the default hero image that’s set in the Popup Box.
Intro Text Settings
This area allows you to customize the:
- Top of Popup Box Banner (when removed the banner will be hidden from the box
- Intro Text (text above form)
Next, tab over to the “Form”. Similar to editing a form in the KickoffLabs editor you have the options to edit the Popup form.
Form – The first section allows you to edit a field, delete a field, rearrange the order of the form (by dragging the field and dropping) along with “Add Form Item” to add a custom field.
Button Text – This area controls the form opt-in button.
Confirmation/Thanks Text – This area controls the text that appears after the lead signs up.
When Selecting to add a new field, a form menu will appear where you can chose the format of the field you’d like to add.
Actions, Rewards, And Prize Text Settings
This area houses all of the post sign-up settings for the Popup Box.
Show Anonymous Actions: When checked, visitors can complete actions before they’re signed up. If they sign-up after, e’ll credit the actions to them (aslong as they’re using the same device + haven’t cleared their cookies).
Above Action Text: Display text above the actions widget.
Show Anonymous Rewards: by default, we hide the rewards widget until the lead has signed up. When checked, the rewards widget would display to all site traffic.
Above Rewards Text: Display text above the reward widget.
Show Leaderboard: When enabled, we’ll display the leaderboard in the campaign box.
Show Anonymous Leaderboard: When the leaderboard is enabled, we only display it to leads who have signed up by default. Checking the box would display the leaderboard to all site visitors.
Final Pitch Text: Display text below the actions widget.
Rules/Policy Link Title: Set the hyperlink text we display for the rules/terms. Learn more about customizing the terms here.
Footer Bar Settings
This setting controls the Footer Area bar in the Popup Box
There are a few settings here that you can customize:
- Entries – This displays how many entries a lead has in the campaign.
- Rank – Display the lead’s rank.
- Points to Next Reward – This displays how many points a lead needs to unlock the next reward milestone.
- Countdown – Displays a countdown timer with an optional “contest ended” message.
- Show Total Leads – Displays the total # of leads in a campaign.
The Total Entries/Unlock Next Reward verbiage can also be optionally customized.
Open Button Settings
This area controls the open button for the Popup Box. You can customize things like:
- Default Open Button Text: Customize the text that displays in the Popup Box button
- Position on Page: Choose to display the Popup Box in the bottom right or left corner of your page. (By default it’s right aligned).
- Notification Icon: Choose from a variety of icons to display in the button.
- Greeting: Set a custom greeting to greet returning leads.
- Invited you: Set a custom message when someone is referred by a friend.
Preview your changes before making sure to save to bring them live! You can toggle between previewing the sign-up box, what the box looks like after the lead has entered (thanks and earn entries), along with previewing the box as a popup.
Here is where we house the Popup Box script once you’re ready to install! This is also available by scrolling back up in your Popup Box settings to the “Installation/Embed” tab. For the Popup Box, you will only need the very first kol.js script installed into the header area of your website where you want the popup displayed.
Installing Your Popup Box
When you’re ready to install your designed Popup Box, simply select “Installation” from the menu. We’ve included the steps for each below:
- Once the Popup Box is installed, you can optionally Trigger Popup Box via link/button click
Platforms Popup Box is Currently Supported on
This option allows a pop-up to be triggered on your website. It can also easily be set on a timer or even set to manually open with a click of a button. We currently support the following platforms:
If you have any questions, or need help, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
KickoffLabs Popup Box allow you to setup viral contests on your site in minutes. They...