By default, your published landing pages are hosted on the KickoffLabs domain, however you may want to publish to your own domain to give customers a sense of security, since they trust your brand.
Let’s take a GoDaddy account and go over the steps necessary to publish your landing pages there.
First you need to add your custom domain name to your KickoffLabs Custom Domains.
1. In your KickoffLabs Dashboard, click on the ‘Custom Domains’ Tab.
This example shows how to setup the “www” version of your site with KickoffLabs. This is usually the case when you want to use a KickoffLabs landing page as your primary website.
If you’d rather setup a subdomain for your landing pages, such as contests.yourdomain.com or signup.yourdomain.com click here to visit the article on how to set this up.
2. We’ll be adding a custom domain name for the first time, so let’s type our domain address into the text field and then click ‘Add New Domain Name’.
At this point we get instructions for what we need to do to make sure the setup works correctly. This requires adding a CNAME record to your domain registrar.
GoDaddy Redirect a Primary Domain to a Subdomain
Before leaving GoDaddy, you may want to set up a basic redirect so that people visiting the primary domain (the non “www” version of your site) will be redirected to the subdomain. Follow Godaddy’s steps here to set-up the forwarding.
Now you can publish a landing page to your newly added GoDaddy Custom Domain.
- Back in your KickoffLabs Dashboard, choose the campaign and locate the landing page you want to publish. Click the arrow cog on the far right side of the page name and select “Page Settings” from the dropdown.
- Select your custom domain from the 2nd dropdown menu. You can also add a path to the page in the 3rd field (like /thanks or /thank-you for the thank you page). This is optional, but allows you to publish multiple pages to the same subdomain.
- Then click ‘Publish Landing Page’.
If you have trouble setting up your domain, or have any questions in general send an email to email@example.com