Publish to a Custom GoDaddy Subdomain
If you want to publish your KickoffLabs landing page to a custom GoDaddy subdomain address other than “www”, here are the steps to do so.
This is usually the case when you have an existing website but would like to implement a smart campaign strategy with landing pages.
**Please note, when using a subdomain other than www, it’s NOT necessary to include www with the subdomain.**
1. First choose the name of a subdomain you’d like to use and add it to your KickoffLabs ‘Custom Domains’ tab, located in the drop-down menu of the “Accounts” tab.
2. Access your GoDaddy account and click on ‘Domains’, then click ‘Launch’ for the domain that you’d like to set up.
3. Add a CNAME record (Follow Godaddy’s steps on adding a CNAME record here)
4. In the ‘Host’ field, type in the name of your subdomain. For the ‘Points to’ field, add in the KickoffLabs address which is your unique CNAME. To Access your CNAME: Go to your KickoffLabs account and select “Custom Domains” from the drop-down menu of the “Account” tab. Your CNAME will be located in the “points to column.”
5. Be sure to save your changes! Please note that DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Now you can publish a landing page to your newly added GoDaddy Custom Domain.
- Back in your KickoffLabs Dashboard, choose the campaign and locate the landing page you want to publish. Click the arrow cog on the far right side of the page name and select “Page Settings” from the dropdown. Then select “Change url.”
- Select your custom domain from the 2nd dropdown menu. You can also add a path to the page in the 3rd field (like /thanks or /thank-you for the thank you page). This is optional, but allows you to publish multiple pages to the same subdomain.
- Then click ‘Publish Landing Page’.
If you have trouble setting up your domain, or have any questions in general send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org