Verification Emails are part of our Advanced Fraud Prevention, which is available with a Business or Enterprise plan. These Emails are sent immediately after form submission to verify the user’s Email address and confirm their opt-in status (double opt-in).
Please note that we no longer recommend using verification as a way to combat fraud. KickoffLabs has a long list of fraud prevention tools that do not impact your campaigns participation rates and can still minimize fraud.
Managing your Verification Email Settings:
There are two ways of accessing the Verification Mails Settings. You can:
- Choose “Manage Messaging” from the menu on the right side
- Click on “Setup” and then “Messaging”
Whichever way you choose, you will get to another screen where you can click “Manage” next to Verification Email
- To enable Email Verification, make sure the “Yes, Please enable verification” box is checked. Once you check this box, additional options will be displayed on the right side.
- Select if the verification should be required for scoring.
- Next, use the dropdown menu to select which page or custom URL we should send your leads to once they verify. If no page/URL is set, we will use your Default Redirect URL (usually this is your thank you page).
- Customize your email copy and be sure to save your changes!
Tip: Your verification Email should be kept brief and not include additional information on your campaign or images (save these for the Automatic Reply Email!). Other Email tokens besides the verify_link token will not function in this Email.
Click “Save Verification Settings” to save the changes you made.
You can also use the “Send Yourself a Preview” button to send a preview of this Email to the Email address associated with your account. We use example links in preview Emails, so don’t be alarmed if the link is an example URL. The live Email will lead to whatever page/URL you’ve specified as the Default Verification URL for the campaign.
- If you have verification enabled, ONLY verified leads will be included in referral counts on status pages/Emails.
- If you’re using our built in Automatic Reply Email, this is sent immediately after the lead has verified their Email address. It is not sent unless the user has verified.
- We recommend including some sort of small note on your status page which encourages your leads to check their Emails in order to verify. You may also want to include somewhere in your Rules that verification is required and unverified leads/referrals will be disqualified. This will help you avoid confused and angry people wondering why their referrals aren’t counting!
- It is always best to enable verification prior to launching your campaign.
Still have questions? Shoot us a message at email@example.com