When you’ve used a custom domain with your KickoffLabs campaign, there are 2 main ways to end your campaign. Which you choose depends on where you want to send your traffic.
With a Custom Domain Redirect, you can specify the URL where we should send any visitors to your previously published (now unpublished) pages under your custom domain. You can redirect to any URL you want. It can be another KickoffLabs page OR a custom URL linking to a page not hosted by us.
*Note that you first need to have had setup a Custom Domain within KickoffLabs to use this feature AND your domain must still be pointing to our service.
To send your traffic to your main website:
After your campaign has ended, you may want to redirect all traffic reaching your pages to another URL… like your main website. For example, redirecting from ‘https://grow.kickofflabs.com’ (where the campaign took place) to ‘https://kickofflabs.com’ (where the main website is).
1. From the top menu, click “Account” then “Custom Domains” from the dropdown menu. Next, click “Check Status & Manage.”
2. Scroll down and click Edit Redirect.
3. Enter the URL of your main site (or whatever URL you wish for us to redirect your pages to). Be sure to include the full URL, including the ‘https://’
4. When you’re done, click ‘Save Redirect URL’ to save your changes.
5. Re-access your campaign and ensure that all pages you wish to have redirected are now unpublished – this includes signup pages AND thank you pages. If they are still published:
6. From the Publisher screen, click ‘Unpublish’.
7. Follow steps 6 and 7 for ALL pages in your campaign.
To send your leads to your Status page:
If you’re running a contest with KickoffLabs, you’re probably using one of our viral status pages. These include pages for reward levels, leaderboards, waitlists & more. After your contest has ended you can send your signup page traffic to the Status page, where leads can see campaign results and their referral progress/incentives earned.
1. From the top menu, click “Account” then “Custom Domains” from the drop-down menu. Click “Check Status & Manage.”
3. Scroll down and click Edit Redirect.
4. Enter the URL of your Status page. Be sure to include the full URL, including the ‘https://’
5. When you’re done, click ‘Save Redirect URL’ to save your changes.
6. Re-access your campaign and ensure that any pages you wish to have redirected are now unpublished – this will likely just be your signup page(s). DO NOT unpublish the Status page you are redirecting to.
To unpublish your signup page(s):
From the Publisher screen, click ‘Unpublish this Page’.
This guide is only for those who used their own custom domain for their campaign. If you used the KickoffLabs domain for your campaign, click here.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com