By default, we make it easy for people to share their referral links to your campaigns on Twitter with simple text. But Twitter also supports adding an additional image and page summary that you can set to make the tweet more engaging.
To update your Twitter Card Settings for your campaign:
These settings will apply to all pages in your campaign, as well as any sharing that takes place via your auto-replies Emails.
- From your campaign homepage, click the Settings tab, located on the top menu panel.
- Scroll down to the Default Landing Page Options section and select”Facebook and Sharing Defaults.”
- In the Default Twitter Settings section you can set your Twitter tweet text (this appears above the Twitter card), as well as the card title, description, and image.
You can also scroll down and update your other social media share messages on this page.
- Once you’re done making your changes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save”.
- That’s it! These share settings will automatically be added to all pages in your campaign.
Sometimes you may want to set specific Twitter share settings for an individual page. We have a solution for that, too.
To enable Twitter Cards for an individual page in your campaign –
1. Access the editor for your signup page.
3. Required: Be sure to Save and Publish your changes.
If you’re using a Twitter Card you will still want to be sure to update the default tweet text for Twitter through your thank you page. Learn how to set this up HERE.
To Test & Validate this works –
Twitter supports a validator that can be used to make sure the correct information is being registered, without tweeting the links yourself. Simply visit this page:
And enter your published landing page URL. More information about ideal image sizes and the Twitter card format can be found here:
If you have already set all this on an existing page that was published before 8/17/2015 you will have to open the page for editing, verify the information, and re-publish the page.
UPDATE: This feature was updated on November 17th, 2016 with explicit Twitter settings. If you had previously set the open graph settings everything will continue to work.