Contest Score is the basis for all of our referral based thank you pages. A leads Contest Score is the score we use to determine several things, to include:
- whether or not they have reached the referral threshold
- their Rank – this is used in Leaderboard and Waitlist thank you pages
On the Hobby and Premium level plans, the Contest Score is simply the number of direct referrals a user has earned. 1 referral = 1 point. There’s nothing you need to trigger this. We will automatically track all incoming referrals when a valid referral URL is used. To tell us what page we should use for your referral URL, update your Default URL Settings!
On the Business and Enterprise plans, Contest Score is influenced by our Advanced Fraud Prevention. This means that leads flagged as fraud are not included in the Contest Score. Business and Enterprise level customers can also utilize our Custom Contest Scoring. Custom Contest Scoring allows you to assign a custom point value for each referral type:
- Unverified Referral
- You can also choose to assign 1 point for the lead signing up
In addition, you can now assign points for the following user actions:
- Clicking your Social Share Links
- Following you on Facebook and Twitter
- Liking your page or another URL on Facebook
An example of a direct referral would be when User A refers User B. B would be a direct referral of A.
An example of an indirect referral would be when User A refers User B, then User B refers User C. C would be an indirect referral of A and a direct referral of B.
Verified and Un-verified depends on whether you are using our Email Verification.
To set up Custom Contest Scoring (Business and Enterprise customers):
- From the top menu panel of your Campaign Dashboard click “Settings”
- Click the blue “Edit Contest Scoring” button
- Scroll down to “Customize Campaign Scoring” and use the dropdown menu to select how you want your leads to be scored. You can select to score 1 point for referrals or use custom score settings.
- If you select Custom Scoring, you will need to specify the following:
– Should we automatically add 1 point for the lead signing up?
You can assign anywhere from 0 to 100 points for each of the referral types.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click the blue Save Contest Score Settings button.
- If you’re on the Business or Enterprise level plan, it’s important to note that no matter what your Contest Score settings are, we will always exclude leads who have been flagged as fraudulent. This means that some referrals may appear as “missing” for some users, and users who have been flagged as fraudulent will have a score of 0. For this reason, you should include somewhere in your Terms or Rules that all leads are screened for fraud and any leads found to be fraudulent will be automatically disqualified.
- We cache scores on our thank you pages for about 15 minutes. If you’re testing referrals and don’t see your score update, it’s likely due to caching. Check back in about 15 minutes and you should see your updated score. This gives us time to check your leads for fraud.
Still have questions? Let us know how we can help at firstname.lastname@example.org