This document will walk you through the process of linking your KickoffLabs account with Zapier to notify Leads.
In this doc, we’ll cover:
- Pushing leads from KickoffLabs into Zapier
- Pushing leads from Zapier into KickoffLabs
- Tagging a lead
Pushing Leads From KickoffLabs to Zapier
This integration is useful if you’re wanting to push leads from KickoffLabs into another platform such as Slack, a CRM, Google Sheets..with over 3,000 apps to choose from the possibilities are endless!
- You’ll now be prompted to enter your campaign id and API key. These can be found back in your KickoffLabs Account.
How to Create a Workflow in Zapier
- Next, you’ll choose the KickoffLabs fields that you’d like to push over to Google Sheets. You can either select all of them, or choose specific ones. Example fields include contest score, completed actions, and rank.
- Zapier will create a row in Google Sheets for each field that you choose to push over.
Now, test out your new Zap! The test lead should be added to your Google Sheet. If all checks out, turn on the Zap to begin sending your KickoffLabs leads through your new zap.
Pushing Leads from Zapier to KickoffLabs
This is useful if you have leads stored elsewhere and would like to add them to your KickoffLabs Campaign. A great example is with Facebook Lead Ads.
- To get started, login to your Zapier account and create a zap.
- Choose the app that you would like to push leads from. In this example, we’ll be using Facebook Lead ads.
- Next, select “New Lead” from the Trigger Event drop-down
- You’ll now be prompted to sign-in to your Facebook account to connect to Zapier.
- Select the Facebook Business page and form you’d like to connect to. Test your trigger to make sure everything is set-up correctly so far.
- Next, select KickoffLabs as your Action.
- In the event drop-down, select “Add or Update Lead.”
- Select your KickoffLabs Account to connect to from the drop-down.
- Test the workflow and turn on your zap! Leads will now begin being pushed into KickoffLabs.
Using Lead Tags With Zapier
Tagging a lead can come in handy when you want to track a lead’s actions outside of KickoffLabs. An example would be tagging leads who fill out your Typeform Survey. Before connecting to Zapier, first create a lead tag in Zapier. Follow the steps here to create your first tag.
- To get started, login to Zapier and create a Zap.
- Choose the app that you’d like to push leads from. In this example, we’ll be using Typeform.
- Select “New Entry” From the trigger event drop-down.
- Sign-in to your Typeform account and grant permission to Zapier
- Choose the Typeform form you’d like to connect to and test the trigger.
- Choose KickoffLabs in the action field.
- Select “Tag lead” from the drop-down. You can also select “Tag lead parent” if you’d like to instead tag/award points to the referrer.
- Next, allow Zapier to login to your KickoffLabs account. Select the email filed in your typeform from the dropdown. You will need to ask for the lead’s email address as a question in your survey.
- Choose kickofflabs Lead tag from drop-down to tag the lead.
- Test the workflow and turn on your zap! Leads should now be tagged with filling out the Typeform in your KickoffLabs Account.
If you run into any issues, reach out to email@example.com and our team would be happy to assist!