KickoffLabs Contest Boxes allow you to setup viral contests on your site in minutes. They support every KickoffLabs campaign type and can be customized to include campaign actions, rewards, leaderboards, and customer referral mechanics.
Our Contest Box embed feature allows for you to directly embed the Contest Box onto a page of any website! (aslong as you have access to add HTML to your website). Leads can easily opt-in to the contest via the embedded form and view their stats/share with friends.
Below we’ll walk you through, step by step, embedding the Contest Box on your external website! If you haven’t already, start off by customizing your contest box.
Embedding Contest Box
This option embeds the contest box into a page of your choosing. Either taking up an entire page, or embedded into a section/area of the page. We currently support the following platforms:
From The KickoffLabs Dashboard:
- Click to edit your Contest Box
- Next, select the installation tab
- Copy the provided kol.js script and paste it into the header area of your external page.
- Next, copy the provided HTML and paste it into your page editor where you’d like contest box to appear.
Some things to keep in mind while installing the embeddable Contest Box:
- At this time we only support one embedded contest box installed on a page at a time.
- If you have the embedded contest box on a page the pop-up box will no longer render.
- The embedded Contest Box will always show where you have the HTML installed on your website until you remove the script.
- The Contest Box will fill full-width wherever it’s installed.
Customizing the Embed Script
There are two options in the settings of the HTML. “embedHeight” supports either “full” or “custom”.
Full: will make the embed always have the full height of the contest box.
Custom: will use the second property embedHeightPixels to determine a fixed height with a scroll bar.
If you have any questions, or need help, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org